JUNE NEWSLETTER

Kim and I would like to thank you all for your ongoing prayer and support.  On May 22, I experienced my first emergency landing.  Now don’t get me wrong, if you have to do this type of landing – this is the best scenario to have.  As we were climbing after take-off from Flin Flon when Andrew noticed that the plane was handling funny, and that the landing gear was not fully retracted.  He unsuccessfully tried to engage the landing gear.  This was the most stressful moment, when I looked out the window and did not see any wheels there.  As a precaution, Air Traffic Control called out the emergency vehicles which were located 20 minutes away in Flin Flon.  As we approached the landing strip, Andrew was able to reset the breaker, and lower the landing gear (PTL).  I felt quite relieved to have wheels under us, but we still had to follow a number of other procedures and hold our collective breaths.  It was reassuring to me that there were many redundancy systems in place and that Andrew is such a calm, safe and experienced pilot.  We landed, without incident, with a fire truck, foam truck and two ambulances as a welcoming committee! The airplane is being looked at to ensure that it is safe, and then we will thoroughly test it prior to our next flight.  When all of this was happening, I was at peace knowing that the Lord was in control, and that I had wonderful people who I knew were upholding us in prayer.  Praise God for His faithfulness and protection.
SPRING MINISTRY
Back in April, I was able to join a team during their spring visit to South Indian Lake.  We had a wonderful time ministering to both children and adults alike as the long winter was drawing to a close.  Additionally, I had the pleasure of being the key note speaker for a two-day men's retreat in Nisswa, MN.

Earlier in May, I was able to assist a team of ladies minister to the women of Pelican Narrows and Sandy Bay, Saskatchewan.  This was the third year for the “Women of Worth” conference, which continued to grow in attendance. 
SUMMER PREPARATIONS
I have spent the majority of May up in Flin Flon preparing for our summer ministry in 17 northern communities.  Everything is coming together marvelously.  There are a few details that need to be sorted out, so please keep these in your prayers.
PRAYER:
Thanks so much for your prayers and support!  Please pray for:
  • Safe flights and alert pilots!  May the LAMP planes be free of any insurmountable mechanical problems.
  • Good health for myself, Andrew and all of the  LAMP staff.
  • All of the preparations that have to be made for LAMP's 2018 summer ministries, including the 17 communities in my area.
THANKSGIVING:
I would like to praise the Lord for His faithfulness in the following:
  • For a safe landing on May 22nd, and for the peace that came knowing that my prayer partners were upholding me in prayer.
  • For opportunities to minister throughout the Spring.
  • For the many preparations that have been made for our summer ministries.
     
CONTACT INFORMATION

gord@lampministry.org
toll free: 1-800-307-4036 ext 6
cell:            (204) 229-0732
If you would like to partner with LAMP Ministry's work in Northern Manitoba, please send your contribution  (noting Gordon Gilbey) to:
          LAMP
          4966 – 92nd Avenue NW,
          Edmonton AB  T6B 2V4
          or online at www.lampministry.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FALL NEWSLETTER 2019

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Christmas Cannot Be Stolen