March Newsletter

2018 IS HERE, AND GORD IS ALREADY ON THE ROAD!
 
Rocky and I just spent a week on the roads of Northern Manitoba visiting the communities of Grand Rapids, Thompson, Pikwitonei, Flin Flon and Cormorant.  We were also able to connect with folks from Leaf Rapids, Moose Lake and South Indian Lake.  The weather was extremely cold, but the people were warm and welcoming.  When I arrived in Thompson, I realized that I did not have a proper parka (I'm such a city boy!), but I was able to get an incredible deal at Canadian Tire at 73% off (PTL)!  The following day it was -43C (no wind), and the next day it was -51C with wind chill.  I was (somewhat) warm and toasty.
PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES!
LAMP is blessed to serve the remote communities of Northern Manitoba.  In order to get staff and teams to these communities, we literally use planes, trains and automobiles.  Even when there is a road, sometimes it is only one by definition only.  This is a picture of the ice road into Pikwitonei - My first ice road!  I think that I will make a T.V. pilot named 'Ice Road Missionary'!
LOVING THE NORTH!
Ah, but once you are there it is all worthwhile.  The centre-piece of my trip was joining Howard and Esther in their beloved community of Pikwitonei.  We were able to distribute scarves, jackets, Bibles and many other good things.  Plus we were able to share some music, illusion, food, a church service and a movie.
PRAYER:
Thanks so much for your prayers and support!  Please pray for:
  • The upcoming team visits to Deschambault and South Indian Lake, And the upcoming Women's Conferences in Sandy Bay and Pelican Narrows.
  • All of the preparations that have to be made for LAMP's 2018 summer ministries, including the 17 communities in my area.
THANKSGIVING:
I would like to praise the Lord for His faithfulness in the following:
  • For my safe trip up North, and all of the relationships that were developed and deepened.
  • For the Lord's provision throughout the trip including a wonderful host family in Thompson, and guiding me to a warm parka!
CONTACT INFORMATION

gord@lampministry.org
toll free: 1-800-307-4036 ext 6
cell:            (204) 229-0732
If you would like to partner with LAMP Ministry's work in Northern Manitoba, please send your contribution  (noting Gordon Gilbey) to:
          LAMP
          4966 – 92nd Avenue NW,
          Edmonton AB  T6B 2V4
          or online at www.lampministry.org

Comments

  1. How you lived in Winterpeg and never had a parka is beyond me! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

FALL NEWSLETTER 2019

Christmas Cannot Be Stolen